Bid “good riddance!” to pesky pests with Beisswenger’s extensive rental selection of live traps for Minnesota critters. From rabbit and squirrel traps, to rodent and raccoon traps, we carry cages of varying sizes to get the job done right the first time.
While you may wish to never see the critter again, the trapping and removal process can be completely humane. When you stop in to rent a trap, be sure to talk with our experts for advice on how to use the traps, how to lure the pests, what to do once you catch them, and how you can prevent the pests from returning to your property.
Here are some recommended baits to use with our live traps:
- Mice and voles: bread and butter, small nuts, cherry pits, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, peanut butter and oatmeal blend, gumdrops
- Chipmunks: prune pits, un-roasted peanuts, corn, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, cereal, grains, popcorn
- Rats: cheese, bread, birdseed, peanuts
- Squirrel: cereal, grains, nuts, sunflower seeds, anise oil, shelled corn, apples, peanut butter and oatmeal blend, peanut butter and molasses
- Rabbits: Brussels sprouts, carrots, lettuce, apples, apple cider
- Skunks: chicken entrails, cracknels, canned fish, fresh insect larvae, crisp bacon, cat food, bread crust with peanut butter
- Opossum: fish, apples, canned pet food
- Raccoon: fish, honey or sugar covered vegetables, smoked fish, watermelon, sweet corn, cooked fatty meats, crisp bacon, marshmallows
- Groundhog: fresh string beans, sweet corn, lettuce, peas, cantaloupe, strawberries, cucumbers, peaches, vanilla extract